Sunday, March 6, 2011

Booboo's Exclusive Interview w/ Generation Me

An Exclusive Interview w/ Generation Me

15 MINUTES WITH BOOBOO FEATURING GENERATION ME

Booboo Stewart is a regular contributor to TNAwrestling.com. Booboo is one of the rising young stars in Hollywood, and appeared in the recent "Twilight" movie saga. Booboo conducts interviews with the TNA Wrestling Superstars - read his latest now:

Hi TNA Wrestling fans. It’s been a while since our last interview. I was finally able to visit the iMPACT! Zone in Orlando and even had a confrontation with Jeff Jarrett which you probably saw on iMPACT! I wish he would have let me accept the Double J Double M-A Challenge, but the past is the past. It was a great experience and can’t wait to get back to another TNA show.

I have been crazy busy since 2011 began shooting Breaking Dawn and appearing at many of the Twilight conventions. This time I got to interview two of TNA’s youngest wrestlers who both live not too far away from me in Southern California, Max and Jeremy Buck, Generation Me. Check it out!

Boo: Hey-so wow, it’s been a pretty fast climb for you guys--tell me about it.

Max: It seems like it was a fast climb, but we've been doing this 2004. Seven years of traveling the world, learning and paying our dues. It's been an unbelievable ride.

Jeremy: We've been wrestling for over 7 years now. It's helped us travel all over the place from Japan to Spain all the way to Germany just to name a few places. It's been a crazy experience but awesome!

Boo: I’m 17 now—I’m about the same age as you guys were when you had your first pro match, tell us about that. How did it go? Who did you wrestle? Were you nervous? 

Max: My first match was nerve racking. I didn't even know I was wrestling until the day of the show. I expected to be handed security or camera duties like usual, but sure enough found myself in a multiple-man tag match. I wrestled in a full body dog-suit with tail (wish I was kidding), and was called "Fluffy." I was super proud of the match and hooked from that day on.

Jeremy: Believe it or not, I was age 14 when I had my first professional match. In my mind I thought it was great but watching it now it would definitely not be that way. Since day one and now I still get butterflies before I wrestle.

Boo: I used to go to the ring when my dad was training people to wrestle--I was really young; maybe 7 or 10 years old. I didn’t know I could get hurt--do you think your young age made you less afraid?

Max: I definitely think us starting out young benefitted us. When you're a kid, you're fearless. We stopped by a local independent wrestling show the other day and saw all of these young kids doing these amazing things in the ring and were thinking, "These dudes aren't scared of anything!" We were the same way.

Jeremy: I think our age definitely played into that as a factor because now I'm more afraid of injuries before I do something crazy.

Boo: I've done stunt work and I have always said wrestlers would make the best stunt guys--do you have aspirations to do film work?

Max: Yes, absolutely. I've actually done stunt work for a couple of commercials, and it was a lot of fun - something I can see myself doing more of in the future.

Jeremy: I’ve actually thought of doing stunt work along time ago so if this doesn't work out in the long run maybe I will try it out.

Boo: You both have been wrestling more single matches as of late--what if it came down to you having to wrestle each other?

Max: I think that we would display something special, shall the day come. We practically mirror each other in terms of athleticism and are both equally quick. I look forward to it.

Jeremy: I think if it comes down to us wrestling each other it might remind people a lot of when Brett and Owen Hart wrestled. Because it might be very physical!

Boo: Who would be your dream tag team and singles matches?

Max: I've got two. If it were possible, I would have loved to go back and wrestle Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty in their prime. They're my favorite team of all time. And of course, we'd really like to wrestle Matt and Jeff Hardy. This one excites me because it's actually possible.

Jeremy: Generation Me vs. the Hardys without any question and Jeremy Buck vs. Hulk Hogan.

Boo: In 2010, you guys wrestled the Motor City Machine Guns almost all year and came up just short. Is defeating the Motor City Machine Guns your big goal this year?

Max: No. We did that our first night in TNA.

Jeremy: It always has been a goal but the biggest goal would be for us to become the TNA World Tag Team Champions.

Boo: Max, how’s married life? Do you think it has changed how you feel about wrestling?

Max: I love it. I've been with my wife Dana forever. We dated six years prior to getting married, since before I was a wrestler, so it feels natural. Getting married has changed the way I feel about wrestling. I try to be more mindful of what I do in the ring because I know that I have a person at home to provide for. I also have a rough time saying goodbye when I'm leaving for the road. As cheesy as it sounds, she's my best friend.

Boo: So Jeremy, is there anyone special in your life right now?

Jeremy: There is.... I've been dating my girlfriend for about 2 and ½ years, but just don't tell Tara she might get mad and jealous.

Boo: Also, before we finish up, we do a thing called “Five with Fivel” where my sister throws 5 random topics at you to see what your thoughts are and what comes to mind--so here you go.

Rap Music
Jeremy: Eminem
Max: Coolio’s "Gangstas Paradise" Anthem of fifth grade

Twilight
Jeremy:
Weird Vampires
Max: My wife has forced me to go to every midnight showing.

President Obama
Jeremy: Wouldn’t want his job.
Max: He cuts a good promo.

Scary Movies
Jeremy: Love ‘em!
Max: My favorite genre of movie. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a classic.

UFC
Jeremy: Not a big fan of it
Max: Me neither – I prefer to watch pro wrestling

Boo: Thanks for your time.

Max: You got it.

Jeremy: Take care.

The best way to keep up with me is to follow me on twitter at twitter.com/mammarazzi1

Don’t forget to watch TNA Victory Road live on pay-per-view, Sunday, March 13, 2011.

Stay tuned for my next interview coming soon and be sure to watch TNA iMPACT! on Thursday Nights at 9 PM ET/PT on Spike TV. I know I will be!

Booboo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment